Looking for something fresh and flavourful? Try these mouthwatering Asian smoked salmon Panna cottas made with wasabi, a pistachio crust, and fresh green asparagus. They are the perfect snack for a fresh summer gathering, paired with a glass of Laborie Rosé!
Serves: 6 – 8
Prep time: 25 min
Set time: 3 hours or overnight
Ingredients for the smoked salmon Panna cottas:
- 4 gelatine leaves
- 250 ml of thick cream
- A handful of chopped coriander and basil leaves
- 250 ml crème fraîche
- 50 ml of pink pickled ginger
- 15 ml of soya sauce
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 500 g of smoked salmon or smoked salmon offcuts
- 500 g of blanched fresh asparagus
- Fresh rose petals
Directions for making the Panna cottas:
- Soak the gelatine leaves in water for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the cream gently on medium heat to warm, stirring continuously. Remove from heat – squeeze out the water from the gelatine and melt into the warm cream mixture.
- Using a stick blender or a food processor blend the warm cream mixture with fresh herbs, crème fraîche, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice & rind and the smoked salmon until smooth.
- Divide into 6 – 8 panna cotta moulds, chill overnight or for three hours.
- Un-mould the Panna cottas by dunking mould into hot water for 2 seconds.
Options for serving your smoked salmon Panna cottas:
Serve with fresh green asparagus, lime-flavoured olive oil, fresh rose petals and salmon ribbons.