As much as I love to bake, it’s not always the best idea to make a whole cake (or batch of cupcakes) for one person, am I right? So for me the idea of a fast, easy, one serving, delicious chocolate brownie mug cake, made in an ordinary mug – is a winner!
Since the first time I heard about the genius mug cake idea, I have been looking for the perfect recipe. Not only is this one easy to make, but it takes just 5 minutes and is ideal for satisfying that chocolate craving.
So now you’re ready to make this delicious chocolate brownie mug cake, of course!
- 1/4 cup flour (30 g)
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 g)
- 2 Tbsp (13 g) cocoa (natural, unsweetened)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water (60 ml)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients to the mug and stir until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well, until smooth.
- Microwave on high for approximately 1 to 2 minutes. You may need to adjust the time to get it cooked the way you like, because all microwaves are different. Start 30 seconds at a time and check if it needs more time. I prefer mine to be a bit gooey – so less time for gooey, more time for cooked through.
- It is HOT when it’s done – perfect for topping with a bit of vanilla ice cream.
- For an alternative you could add a pinch of cinnamon or instant coffee to the mix.
- Although it’s supposed to be a one person serving, I find it better to share because it is very rich and indulgent.
And ta-daaaa, a delicious and fast chocolate brownie mug cake just for you – enjoy! 🙂