These flapjacks are dairy-free, egg-free, vegan friendly, and super tasty. 👌🏼 They are also really fast and easy to make! 🥞
PS. Unlike most vegan recipes, I made these without any out of the ordinary ingredients, so that you can make them on the go, with things you probably already have in the pantry. 😉
- 2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) caster sugar
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl (in no particular order) until the batter is a smooth but thick consistency. Only needs a few seconds to blend.
- Heat a little extra oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Drop about 2 tbsp of batter into the pan to create each flapjack.
- Fry on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You’ll be able to make about 4-5 flapjacks at the same time.
- When the flapjacks starts forming bubbles in the pan, this is a good indication that it’s time to flip them over.
- NB. Ensure to press each flapjack down lightly with a spatula when flipping them over over to ensure that they cook through evenly.
- You could use self-raising flour if you’d like them to be even fluffier.
- Serve warm or cool, with your choice of toppings like syrup, sliced banana, berries, etc.
And there you have it – easy peasy vegan flapjacks AKA American pancakes AKA English crumpets.
Recipe development and imagery by Peaches